Monday, August 8, 2011

Is this extortion please help?

My fiance and I are late on our rent, my landlord has agreed to wait until the 27th to receive the rent. Last week my landlord showed up and asked if we would remove a fallen tree from another property to work off some of the rent. My fiance and I agreed to look at it as this is NOT our line of work. After going by the home we realized this job was next to impossible unless it was done by a pro. We advised the landlord and the threats began. I have texts where he stated "if you do not do the work by Monday I will evict you""where are your children going to sleep""I am not playing games you will do the work or get out""No go do the work NOW or you will be out""nothing to talk about anymore" I am a Criminal Justice student and this seems to be extortion to me. I am just not sure what steps to take at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment