Friday, August 12, 2011

Should I press charges?

My husband was arrested for domestic violence against me, he has a stay away order and cannot come back home and I don't want him too. My problem is that he was the one who paid the rent and after what he did I am left alone to pay all the bills, which I won't be able to, I received some pamphlets at home about filing for relocation. I have an appointment to see someone and I can get up to 1500 to move. I was subpoena to go to court tomorrow to either press charges or not. I am already being evicted from the apt I live now, because he did not pay June's rent like he was supposed to. I am afraid that if I don't press charges I won't qualify for this help that is my life line right now. I am wondering what can happen if I press charges, he was arrested on 06/14 and his hearing is on 07/06, he has been in jail since. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment