Saturday, August 6, 2011

Is it legal for a landlord to do this?...?

My family and I rent a home. Our landlord comes over almost every weekend to do "maintenance". The problem is, they get here and maybe put up a few boards and that's all they do in about 9 to 10 hours. They argue and scream and it's very disturbing. If I go out in the back, she comes over and runs her boyfriend down to me and talks about things that I feel are none of my business. He drinks a 12 pack or more of beer and I don't like that...we don't drink. We have expressed our concerns about things that need to be done inside the home but she says she forgets. She came in and did an inspection and went through our pantry, fridge, closets...made me angry. She even changed the temperature on the central heat and air. We have had plumbing problems for a LONG time and she won't have it repaired properly. Yeah, she keeps promising. The night my mom died, we asked her to not come over the next day. She called me the next day screaming at me because I asked her to not come over. The very next day, when we were getting ready for church, she showed up and told us we could leave but we had to leave the house unlocked. Sadly, I just went to church alone and my husband stayed home. She got here that day about 8 am and didn't leave until around 9 pm. I'd like to know if there is something I can do or say to her that won't cause her to evict us. We can't afford anything else but she needs to know her place and stop invading our space every weekend. They use our water and electricity and will not reimburse us for it. Also, she has her radio blaring. Hopefully there is an attorney out there that will see this and help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment