Sunday, August 7, 2011

I haven't paid rent increases in past but I wasn't asked to do so though it is in lease. What should I do?

I have been renting for 3 years and have always paid the rent. But I never got any notices of rent increases nor any communication whatsoever from the landlord (though the lease does state when and how much the rent increases should have taken effect during the past 3 years). Now my question is should I bring attention to the landlord of my past omissions or error in not paying the rent increases over the years and make amends or can I ignore it since he hadn't asked for the increases? And if I ignore the lease and he realizes this, does he have grounds to evict me? Is not taking the initiative myself and paying the rent increases a breach of the lease agreement?

No comments:

Post a Comment