Monday, August 8, 2011

Can a landlord evict you if you get a hearing assctance dog when they have a no pet policy ?

i have a hearing disability along with learning disability im Living in a section 8 housing program that has a no pet policy . recently my doctor suggested i get a hearing as stance dog to help me hear every day sounds like my baby crying or the door bell when my hearing aids are not in my ear . currently im a single mother so if my son gets hurt in the middle of the night and i cant hear him im in trouble . same as a fire alarm . i have asked my land lord and she says if i get the dog that i need to find another place to live she also will not allow me to make my home handicap accessible . is it legal ? what will the American disability act cover ?

No comments:

Post a Comment